maandag 21 november 2011

P&B battle report vs Space Marines

My third 1250 point campaign game was against a footslogging salamander space marine army. His army consisted of a chaplain with jump pack, a 10-men unit of assault marines, a 5-men unit of thunderhammer stormhield terminators, two 10-man tactical units (one in a drop pod) and a 10-man devastator squad. We rolled for mission and deployment and got capture and control with a spearhead deployment. I won the roll to go first and let him deploy first.

He deployed his first tactical squad together with 2 combat squads of devastator marines in a large hill terrain piece in the middle of his deployment zone. He placed his terminators in front of the hill and the assault squad with the chaplain behind the hill, spread out so I couldn't drop in behind his lines. His objective marker was just in front of his terminators.
I deployed nothing and had placed my marker out in the open in the middle of my deployment zone.

In his first turn he landed his drop pod between the center terrain piece and a ruin in the right center. Upon disembarkation, he combat squaded the tactical marines, and moved one into the ruin and the other into the center piece of terrain, on route for my objective. His terminators moved a bit closer to the middle, with his objective now behind the terminators.
In my first turn, I first placed my drop pod with my terminators and dropped them right behind his terminators. I then deployed my drop pod with the grey hunters, wolf guard and rune priest to the left of this drop pod. I split my rune priest away from the unit so he had a clear line of sight to the thunderhammer stormhield terminators who were conveniently lined up so I could hit multiple ones with Jaws of the World Wolf. I then placed my third drop pod with Logan and the long fangs to the right of my terminators' drop pod, right in the middle of his forces (between his drop pod, both combat squads of tactical marines and all his troops in the hill terrain piece. In the shooting phase, my runepriest made his psychic check but failed his to hit roll with Jaws. My terminators then shot all their combi-weapons at his thunderhammer stormshield terminators, killing three. He failed his leadership check and ran and since my units were between him and his board edge, they were trapped and removed from play. My grey hunters shot up a devastator combat squad, causing another check that my opponent also failed. Luckily for him they ran to just short of the board edge and could regroup next turn. Logan and the missile launcher long fangs shot at his combat squad in the ruin to my right and killed two, enough for a check (a pattern is showing itself here) but they held their ground.




In his second turn, his devastator combat squad regrouped. His assault marines with the chaplain moved closer towards my grey hunters. His unwounded combat squad of tactical marines moved through terrain towards my objective. He opened up fire on my wolf guard terminator squad, killing three but I held my ground. He also killed a few grey hunters with the shooting and flaming of his assault marines and a few long fangs were also gunned down by his units, enough to cause a check but they held. He then assaulted my grey hunters. I activated my banner and in the resulting combat, he kills all the grey hunters except for the banner bearer. I still make my check so they remained locked in combat.
In my second turn no drop pods show up. I moved my terminators towards his assault marines. I moved Logan and the long fangs (with relentless) towards his tactical squad in the hill. My rune priest ran into the centre piece of terrain and into line of sight of his combat squad within the same terrain. Logan and the combat squad shot at the tactical squad. My rune priest tried to cast Murderious Hurricane on the tactical combat squad but suffered a perils of the warp on a double one, taking one wound. His troops survive the psychic shooting without harm but are now affected with the difficult and dangerous terrain rule. The terminators assault the chaplain and assault marines who kill the last grey hunter. We remain locked in combat. Logan and the long fangs assault the tactical squad in terrain and since Logan has no grenades, I am forced to use his axe as a powerfist, since I will be striking last anyway. Logan and the long fangs win the combat although I loose all but one of the long fangs, and then he fails his leadership and runs away. Since Logan is a terminator, he cannot run after them but I consolidate to within 6 inch of them.


On my opponent's third turn, his fleeing tactical squad runs off the table. He moves his bolter wielding devastator combat squad away from the board edge. In the shooting phase I loose the last of the long fangs. I loose the assault between his assault marines and my remaining terminators and only one terminator survives.
On my turn, one drop pod arrives and I place it next to his objective, between all the other drop pods. Logan moves through cover towards his next target: the devastator combat squad on the upper level of the hill. I move my rune priest out of cover towards the combat with the assault marines. My shooting is largely ineffective this round as most juicy targets are locked in combat. In the asault phase, Logan assaults the devastators and I assault the chaplain with my rune priest. Logan destroys all the devastators and consolidates towards the assault marines. The chaplain and the assault marines kill the remaining wolf guard terminator. The rune priest wounds the chaplain, succeeds in his force weapon psychic check but my opponent makes his invulnerable save. We once again remain locked in combat.


In my opponent's fourth turn, he moves his tactical combat squad in the centre piece of terrain towards my objective. His devastator squad is moving around the drop pods. He melta's the last drop pod that came in and destroys it. In the assault phase, he kills the rune priest and consolidates.
In my fourth turn, my last drop pod comes in and it arrives near my own objective. The grey hunters that arrived in the previous round run into the crater of the destroyed drop pod so they can get a cover save on his remaining melta and heavy weapon fire. The grey hunters shoot at his combat squad in terrain and he loses a few marines. Logan Assaults the assault marines and chaplain and destroys them. He consolidates towards my opponents objective.






In the remaining turns, I destroy the few remaining marines he has left and even blow up his drop pod. With both objectives secured, I win the game.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten