woensdag 14 december 2011

Hobby progress update

I took a day off work today so I could finally finish my Logan Grimnar conversion. He is painted up mostly like my other marines but I added a few more layers and details here and there like the red on the cloak and the gold handle of the axe. For the frost axe I had a difficult time figuring out how I would paint it. I finally went with a dheneb stone basecoat, then a few thin layers of space wolves grey and finally a glaze of asurmen blue wash thinned with vallejo's glaze medium. I then added some white to the space wolves grey and made some final highlights with that mix. I like how it came out.









I'm also happy with how his face turned out. I did the eye this time with a tiny dot of chaos black applied with a brush in stead of the micropen. It does help if the eyeball is nicely cast on the model.



I also finished painting and basing the first of the objective markers.





I had planned to finish the assembly of my second scout squad until I discovered this morning that I had completely forgotten to cast green stuff chaos icons for their right shoulder pads. So I got my recently acquired blue stuff out and started making moulds so I could cast the green stuff as quick as possible. Some of them are drying as I am typing this so I hope to get them finished by friday.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten