zaterdag 3 december 2011

P&B battle report vs Eldar

My first 1500 point campaign game was against the eldar player I already played against in the first month of the campaign. His army now consisted of an autarch with a unit of banshees in a waveserpent, two units of dire avengers in waveserpents, a unit of firedragons in a waveserpent, two units of sniper scouts and three warwalkers (each a seperate unit). We rolled for mission and deployment and got annihilation with pitched battle deployment. He won the roll to go first.

He chose a table side but kept all his units in reserve except for the two units of scouts who would infiltrate. I didn't deploy anything, so he got to infiltrate his scouts. He put one unit on a large multi-level hill on his side of the board and his second unit in a wood terrain piece on my side of the board.


On his first turn, he had nothing to shoot at so we directly went to my first turn. I first placed my drop pod with Logan and the long fangs in the middle of the board next to a piece of area terrain. I deployed the multi-melta long fangs on the side of the scouts in my deployment zone and put the other long fangs ready for shooting at the scouts on my opponent's side of the board. I then decided to drop both small grey hunter squads, keeping my tougher units in reserve for a counter-attack. One unit was in rapid fire range of the scouts on my side of the board. the others had no range on an enemy unit. The multi-melta's killed on scout on my side of the board and the missile launchers shot templates towards the scouts on the hill, killing one. The rapid fire of my grey hunter squad killed another scout, but they held their ground.


On my opponents second turn, he rolled for this reserves an except for two war walkers, everything arrived thanks to the adjustments he could make to the roll by bringing an autarch. He moved all his wave serpents on near the hill terrain piece and outflanked his war walker also near the hill. His scouts shot at my long fangs and killed two missile launchers. His waveserpents cause two of my drop pods to explode.


On my second turn both my remaining drop pods and the wolf scouts arrived. I dropped my terminators right in front of his waveserpent with the fire dragons. I dropped the grey hunters with wolf guard and rune priest next to the same waveserpent. The wolf scouts got to choose where to enter the table, so I moved them on right next to the hill and in the rear arch of a dire avengers waveserpent. The grey hunters near the scouts on my side of the board moved towards them. The other grey hunter squad moved towards the waveserpents. Logan and my remaining long fangs moved into the area terrain in the middle of the table. My first grey hunter squad shot at the scouts and killed enough to force a check. They failed their leadership check and ran towards my grey hunters, bringing them within assault range. The grey hunter squad that just landed, shot both melta shots at the firedragons' ride, blowing up the waveserpent. The wolf guard terminators then opened fire with combi-plasmas and storm bolters and killed several fire dragons. They failed their leadership check, fled, but ran into the wolf scouts and were destroyed. The long fangs wrecked another waveserpent, causing the banshees and the autarch to disembark. The wolf scouts shot their melta's at the waveserpent but only blew off its weapons. They then assaulted the vehicle but failed to hit it. The grey hunters in my table edge then assaulted the retreating scouts and killed them, losing one of their own in the process.


On my opponent's third turn, he moved his remaining wave serpents away from my units. His two remaining war walkers arrived and outflanked, one on each side. His banshees and autarch moved towards my grey hunters with rune priest. His shooting was largely uneffective although I did lose a terminator. His banchees then assault my grey hunters, killing six. I strike back with the remaining grey hunter, wolf guard and rune priest and kill five. We remain locked in combat.


On my turn, the grey hunters on my side of the board moved towards the nearest war walker. My other small grey hunters squad and my remaining terminators moved towards the fleeing wave serpents. My wolf scouts moved into the hill terrain piece. Logan Grimnar and the remaining long fangs moved through the terrain piece. My grey hunters shoot their melta at the war walker and destroy it. My terminators shoot their combi-meltas at the nearest waveserpent and immobilize it. My wolf scouts shoot at his snipers. My other grey hunters run towards the next waveserpent, the one that no longer has any weapons. My terminators assault the wave serpent but only two can reach it. Luckily my chainfist is among them and can wreck the waveserpent. The combat between the banshees and the grey hunters continues and each side kills one, leaving them locked in combat.


On my opponent's fourth turn, he disembarked the dire avengers out of the last waveserpent and then zoomed the weaponless skimmer towards my side of the table. He bladestormed with the first unit of dire avengers but didn't do that much. His other shooting that he had left was also largely uneffective. The banshees did kill the last of my grey hunter unit and then killed the rune priest before he could strike back. They consolidated towards my wolf scouts.


In my fourth turn, I moved the grey hunters and the wolf guard terminators towards the dire avengerS. The other grey hunters move back and into melta range of the last waveserpent. My wolf guard move through terrain, ready to assault the remaining scouts. Logan, the wolf guard with cyclone missile launcher and the last remaining long fang missile launcher move out of the terrain but still with line of sight to both war walkers on my flank. The melta shot immobilizes the last waveserpent. I assault it and it is destroyed. I assault the dire avengers with my other grey hunters and ran my terminators closer. The grey hunters win the combat and the remaining dire avengers flee right of the table edge. I consolidate towards the next unit of dire avengers, placing them as a screen for my terminators. The long fangs shoot at the war walkers but don't cause any serious damage. The wolf guard assault but remain locked in combat.


In the eldar turn five, my opponent tries to move his remaining dire avengers into terrain but comes up short. His banshees move up through the terrain towards the combat with my wolf scouts. His dire avengers bladestorm on my unit grey hunters and kill all but the grey hunter with the meltagun. They then assault but fail to kill the grey hunter who then wins combat. The dire avengers fail their combat resolution roll and flee, running to within an inch of the board edge. I consolidate the grey hunter after them, forcing them to run off the board next turn. His banshees assault the wolf scouts. The wolf scouts kill the remaining eldar scouts but suffer casualties from the banshees. The wolf scouts lose combat and start to flee. The banshees don't catch them but consolidate to within 6".


At the start of my turn five, my wolf scouts run a bit further. I also move my terminators to within six inch of the dire avengers. Logan and the long fangs turn around and head for the war walkers but my shooting at them does not gain my any kill points.

We roll to see if the game ends and it does. We tally up the kill points and I win as I have collected almost twice as much kill points as my opponent.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten