maandag 18 juni 2012

Hobby progress update

As promised, here's a step by step on how to magnetise a landspeeder. As I wasn't planning on using these speeders as typhoons, I didn't magnetise it for that option.

I first put a dot of green stuff in the square hole on the piece that will hold the underslung heavy flamer. I then added a drop of superglue and pushed in a small magnet.


I then drilled a hole in the back piece that is also attached to the underside of the landspeeder in the back. This is purely for storage purposes.


When this is dry, I hold the weapon mount piece to the underside, add a dot of superglue to the top and snap a bigger magnet into the superglue.


To make sure the magnet stays in place, I add some greenstuff on top.


I then do the same for the back piece.


And add a bit of green stuff once again.


I also magnetise the torso's of the gunner and the driver so they can be removed to paint them. I started by glueing small magnets beneath the seats.


Once more, I added small dots of greenstuff to make sure the magnets stay in place.

I then insert a bigger magnet into the torsos. The back pieces that are in the landspeeder box are ready for this but the chaos space marines fronts that I used needed to be hollowed out to allow room for the magnet.


Then glue the two halves together to seal the magnet in.


And then it should look like this ...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten