dinsdag 4 december 2012

Tournament battle vs Dark Eldar

My final battle at the Warpstorm tournament saw me facing off against a Dark Eldar opponent. His army consisted of an archon three units of warriors in raiders, two units of trueborn in venoms, a unit of trueborn in a raider and three flyers. In this mission we needed to hold objectives turn by turn (checked at the start of the turn) as the primary objective. Non-flyer and non-vehicle fast attack choices were also scoring but neither of us had any. Kill points (scoring units only) were secondary. First blood, linebreaker and Slay the Warlord were also in effect. Deployment was Spearhead. I got the warlord trait that gave me feel no pain while within 3" of an objective. I don't remember what my opponent had. I didn't switch my space wolf psychic powers.

My opponent won the roll to go first. He deployed his forces forward. I deployed both units of longfangs, taking the gamble that I could use the firepower if I seized the initiative. But I didn't seized the initiative.

In my opponent's first turn he moved towards the objectives. He then shot all his stuff at the long fangs, destroying one squad (giving him first blood) and then almost wiping out the second squad.
In my first turn I dropped down next to his vehicles near the objectives. The multi-melta's couldn't get through his AV10 vehicles and when they did, he made his cover saves. I did blew up one raider with my terminators and the occupants moved into nearby terrain. Two units of grey hunters blew up and destroyed the occupants of another raider. I now had two scoring units on objectives.



In his second turn, my opponent started blasting away with his incredible amounts of shooting power. Two of his flyers also arrived and their combined shooting killed all but three of the grey hunters. Luckily they were still in range of the objective. He blew away Logan and the multi-melta longfanfs in one turn, even with feel no pain. In addition, only the runepriest and two terminator survived from that squad. And he was now contesting that objective.
At the start of my second turn I took 1 victory point. I assaulted the small squad with the runepriest and the terminators and destroyed them. Two of his three scoring units were now gone. My last unit of grey hunters arrived and dropped down on the middle objective. More meltaguns shot at the raider holding his last scoring unit but again without destroying it. The remains of both grey hunters squad on his table edge moved next to the objective.







In his third turn his last flyer arrived. He shot everything he has left and took out the last terminators and the runepriest, both remains of the grey hunters squad and all but two grey hunters from the new squad.
In my third turn I regrouped the remaining grey hunters and moved them back onto the objective. More shots went into the raider, basically from everything I had left being the two grey hunters and the drop pods, but I couldn't destroy it as he kept making saves whenever I scored a glancing hit.





In his fourth turn he got his last troops out of their ride, moved up towards my grey hunters and shot them down. He then moved onto the objective.
In my turn I focused the shooting from the drop pods on his unit but as he went to ground in area ruins terrain for a 2+ cover, a trick he had picked up from me, I couldn't wound them.


In his fifth and sixth turn he picked up two more victory points for the primary mission. I got the moral victory when I shot down the damned raider that wouldn't die with some drop pods. He had linebreaker, first blood and slay the warlord. He had also killed more scoring units than me, giving him the secondary objective as well. So he won 11-5.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten