dinsdag 24 januari 2012

P&B battle report vs Dark Eldar

Last weekend I played another 1750 Paint & Battle Campaign battle against a dark eldar player. His army consisted of a voidraven bommer, a ravager, Vect in his pimped ride with 9 witches, two units of 5 warriors on foot, a unit of 10 witches in a raider, a unit of 5 mandrakes on foot, a cronos parasite engine, a unit of 5 incubi in a raider and a unit of trueborn in a venom. We opted for a mission out of the battlemissions book and took the space marines vanguard mission (3 objectives in my opponent's deployment zone, my opponent got to deploy on the whole half of his table side and all our infantry models were scoring in this battle). My opponent got to deploy first and I had first turn automatically.

My opponent spread out his troops over his deployment zone. He placed the voidraven bommer and the incubi in the raider on the right side, his trueborn and the ravager on the left side. Both witch units, one in the raider and one in Vect's personal skimmer, were placed in the middle. The parasite engine and the mandrakes were also placed near the middle of his deployment zone. One unit of kabalite warriors was placed in the ruined building near one objective and the other unit was placed in terrain to the left board edge.




In my first turn I dropped down Logan and the longfangs in the middle of his transports, the terminators with storm shield to the right of them and the large unit of grey hunters with the rune priest to the left of them. The runepriest left the unit upon disembarkation. The multi-melta longfangs took aim at the ravager but failed to hurt it. The other long fangs took out Vect's ride. The grey hunters destroyed the venom and the terminators shot down the witches' raider. I tried to cast murderous hurricane with my runepriest, made my psychic check but failed the to hit roll on a 1.




In my opponent's first turn he moved his remaining skimmers for optimal shooting positions. His witches move closer to assault and Vect leaves his unit to assault the terminators. My opponent then shot at my units, killing a few models but I come through well enough. He then assaults Logan and the longfangs with the mandrakes, Vect and a witch squad assault my terminators and the other witch squad assaults my grey hunters. I use Logan's Living Legend but fail two out of the three counter-attack rolls. I lose several long fangs but I win the combat and the mandrakes run away. The witches that assaulted my terminators also get defeated and run off the board and my chainfist instantly kills Vect, while I only lose one terminator. The grey hunters pop their standard and hold the witches locked in combat with both sides suffering only minor losses. Logan and the remaining longfangs consolidate towards the incubi raider and my terminators consolidate towards the parasite engine.






In my second turn, both remaining drop pods and one scout squad arrive. The scouts don't get to choose but end up behind the voidraven bommer, in melta-range. The small squad of grey hunters drops in next to the incubi raider. The second unit of wolf guard terminators drops in next to the ravager. The scouts destroy the voidraven bommer, the long fangs try to take out the incubi raider and fail but the lone meltagun from the small grey hunter squad can take it out. The newly arrived terminators only immobilize the ravager, which still has a nice line of sight to my other units near the centre of the board. The runepriest moves into terrain and tries to cast murderous hurricane again, this time on the small unit of warriors but fails his psychic test this time. The other terminators shoot at the pain engine with bolters but fail to hurt it and then follow up with an assault, killing it. Logan and the long fangs assault the incubi. I lose all the longfangs except for one with a multi-melta but Logan kills the remaining incubi. I consolidate back towards the rest of my opponent's forces. The witches that were in assault with my grey hunters, kill off those and consolidate towards the centre. The runepriest assaults the kabalite warriors but suffers a wound in the process, remaining locked in combat.


With his forces severly depleted, my opponent moves the trueborn out of cover and away from my terminators. His witches move towards my first unit of terminators. His shooting and the assault of the witches leaves that terminator unit reduced to only one terminator. His kabalite warriors kill off the runepriest without losing one of their own.




In my third turn my second unit of terminators moves up towards the ravager, but shott at the warriors in cover with their bolters. The scouts move and run towards the middle of the board but they are still al long distance away. The small unit of grey hunters moves up towards the witches. The drop pods shoot at the trueborn and kill them. His small squad of kabalite warriors also suffer a loss from shooting. More shooting from my drop pods kills enough of the other squad of warriors to cause a check and they flee of the board. Logan leaves the lone longfang and joins the unit of grey hunters, extending their assault reach towards the witches. The witches kill the last terminator but the charge from Logan and the grey hunters wipes them from the board. The unit consolidates on the objective.


In my opponent's third turn, he had almost nothing left so he moved his remaining warriors through cover and shot at my troops.


In my fourth turn the second squad of scouts turns up. I can choose from which side they come up and place them right on the objective near the table edge. The terminators move into the rear of the ravager, shoot and assault it but fail to do anything to it (and that with a chainfist in there!). The lone longfang moves up to claim the center objective while the first unit of scouts comes closer. Logan and the grey hunters move up, towards the small unit of warriors.


My opponent moves his remaining warriors once more through terrain and shoots at my terminators and kills another one. I forget that I am still in assault range of the ravager.

In my fifth turn, I move Logan and the grey hunters onto the third objective. The chainfist terminators wakes up and in the assault on the ravager destroys it. We ended the game here as it was more than obvious I had won.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten