vrijdag 6 januari 2012

P&B battle report vs Imperial Guard

My last 1500 points campaign battle was against a renegade imperial guard army (but still using the IG codex). My opponent brought three units of penal legionaires, a vendetta, a basilisk, two units of psychers in chimeras, two units with snipers, a unit of demolition corps, two units of regular guardsmen each with a single autocannon heavy weapon, a full autocannon heavy weapon team, a primaris psycher and the IC that can appear out of nowhere. We rolled for mission and deployment and got Seize Ground with Pitched Battle deployment. We got the full five objectives and spread them over the board (three in a triangle on the right side of the board, one in the left upper table corner and one in the left lower table corner). I won the roll to go first but let my opponent choose table sides and start the game.

My opponent deployed his sniper command squad on the roof of a ruined building, the heavy weapon team on the second and third floors of that building and the basilisk on the first floor. His vendetta was placed to the left of the building with the demolition team inside. He placed both psycher units in their rides on opposite sides of his deployment zone with two units of penal legionaires between the vendetta and one chimera and one between the building and the other. His second sniper squad was also placed on this side of the building. He then placed one of his regular squads on both end of his lines. He kept his IC in reserve and placed the primaris psycher with his demolition corps.


I deployed nothing. He made a scout move with with his penal legionaires and with his vendetta, placing it in the centre of the board.


On his first turn he moved most of his infantry forward and ran them in the movement phase, heading for objectives on my side of the board. His left chimera moved forward, getting another 6 inches of movement from the road.








On my first turn I dropped Logan and the long fangs behind his forward surging lines. The multi-melta's shot at the basilisk and blew it up while the missile launchers took out the vendetta. My suicide squad of terminators (two combi-melta's and the chainfist) dropped to the right and took out the chimera. A large squad of grey hunters with the rune priest dropped to the right. The runepriest cast murderous hurricane on his regular squad while the rest of the unit also shot at them. They failed their save and ran towards the table edge.




On his second turn, he moved two units of penal legionaires further towards objectives on my side of the board. The other units openend fire on my space wolves. I lost all of the terminators, all my long fangs except for Logan and the wolf guard terminator and several of my grey hunters.








In my second turn, none of my reserves arrived. Although he has suffered a wound already, the runepriest splits off from the grey hunters and goes in the direction of the penal legion squad that went for the objective in the lower left corner. The rest of the grey hunters went for the psychers's transport. Logan and the wolf guard went through terrain towards the regular troops unit. They shoot at the unit - the missiles also kill a few off the nearby demolition corps - and then charge them. They win the combat and the remaining three flee. Logan and the terminator consolidate towards the demolition corps. The runepriest shoots murderous hurricane at the penal legionairres, killing a few but they hold their ground. The grey hunters shoot and assault the chimera, causing numerous hits but not destroying it.








On my opponent's third turn, his fleeing unit runs just short of the table edge. He moves his other infantry a bit more towards the objectives on my side of the board. The primaris psycher leaves the demolition corps and joins the unit of snipers. The psychers get out of the crumbling chimera. Thanks to one of his orders, the fleeing unit gets back in the fight. The psychers (and other shooting) kill most of my grey hunters, leaving only the mark of the wulfen alive. In the assault phase, the mark of the wulfen wrecks the chimera. Logan takes another wound from shooting.






In my third turn my first unit of scouts arrive right next to his psychers on the left. They shoot and assault them, wiping them. The lone mark of the wulfen grey hunter moves on an objective. Logan and the terminator assault the demolition corps and wipe them, consolidating on the nearby objective. My runepriest shoots at the penal legionaires and kills all of them but one.

In my opponent's fourth turn, he succeeds in killing Logan and the terminator and the rune priest. My scouts were safe out of line of sight and my lone grey hunter survived the shooting that was heading his way.








In my fourth turn, both remaining drop pods with small squads of grey hunters led by a wolf guard terminator arrived. The first dropped right in front of his primaris psycher and the snipers, shot all they had at them and killed them all. The other one landed on my side of the board with a clear shot at the penal legionaires holding a nearby objective. Their shooting was more effective, killing several of the guardmen. My wolf scouts moved behind cover towards the lone penal legionaire holding an objective in the lower left corner.




In my opponent's fifth turn, he split off the priest from the squad that got back into the game. The priest assaulted the nearest drop pod and wrecked it. The remaining guardmen went for the nearest objective. His shooting against the second grey hunters' squad killed all but the terminator, the meltagun and the mark of the wulfen. My other grey hunter got off much better.












In my fifth turn, both grey hunters' squads went for nearby units. The terminator and the mark of the wulfen went for the remaining penal legionaires and shot them all down before they could even assault. The other squad went for the psychers as they were standing on an objective. They shot up some psychers and then assaulted them, wiping them. The scouts moved out into the open and shot at the lone penal legionaire, killing him. A few drop pod stormbolters shot down the lone guardmen on the objective on my opponent's table edge. Another drop pod stormbolter killed enough of his guardsmen on the right to force a check which they failed and they ran off. We rolled to see if the game continued and it did!




In my opponent's turn, the guardmen ran off the table. His priest moved up and assaulted another drop pod, wrecking it as well. Shooting from his remaining units, killed the meltagun from the one squad of grey hunters.






In my turn six, I moved the largest grey hunters squad on the objective in cover behind the wrecked chimera. My lone mark of the wulfen moved back, still in range of the objective but putting as much distance between him and the priest. My small unit of grey hunters also moved to claim an objective. We rolled again to see if the game would continue and once more we get a 7th turn.






In my opponent's turn, he moved his priest over towards my lone mark of the wulfen grey hunter and assaulted it, killing it. His shooting kills both the terminator and the mark of the wulfen, dropping me to holding only one objective. He has no scoring troops left, so he can only go for the draw. And then the rest of his shooting goes towards my last grey hunters' squad. He kills enough to force a leadership check which I promptly fail and my unit runs away from the objective.






In my last turn, my grey hunters automatically regroup thanks to And They Shall Know No Fear and move back up to the objective, giving me the win. He had only 9 models left on the board. I also had nine infantry left and three drop pods.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten