donderdag 5 januari 2012

P&B battle report vs Necrons

My fourth 1500 points campaign battle was against a necron army. This was the first contact with the new necron codex. My opponent brought a unit of two jetbikes, a unit of 10 warriors with a special character, two units of 5 warriors, a unit of 6 wraiths with a destroyer lord, a unit of 3 tomb spiders, a unit of 10 scarabs, an anihilation barge and a ghost ark. We rolled for mission and deployment and got Seize Ground with Pitched Battle deployment. We got the full five objectives and spread them over the board (one in the middle of the board, one in the centre near my left table side, one near the centre on my right table side, one on my side in the left corner of the table and one on his side in the left corner of the table). I won the roll to go first but let my opponent choose table sides and start the game.

My opponent deployed his large unit of warriors on the first and second floor of ruined building together with his special character. One unit of five warriors, his scarabs and the tomb spiders were deployed next to the building, as were his two vehicles. His two jetbikes started on the other side of his deployment zone. He kept the second unit of warriors in reserve. He also kept his wraiths and the destroyer lord in reserve who would deep strike in one of my turns thanks to some special ability of (if I am not mistaken) his special character. I deployed nothing as usual, except for my chooser of the slain which I placed in the centre of the board.

In my opponent's first turn, he turboboosted his jetbikes towards the ruined building and moved his other units a bit around. As I had nothing on the board, he couldn't shoot or assault. He did spawned more scarabs with his spiders although one of them got a wound.

In my first turn I started with the deployment of my first drop pod with Logan and the long fangs. But I scattered off the board and they went back into reserve. I had decided to use my wolf guard terminators a bit different as this was a multiple objectives mission and I wanted my grey hunter squads to be a bit stronger. So I split off the combi-plasma terminators and put one in each small grey hunter squad. I then placed a drop pod with such a small grey hunter squad in my right corner between two ruined buildings. I scattered towards a building but didn't fail my dangerous terrain test. My opponent then deep struck his wraiths and destroyer lord but as there was a lot of terrain (plus the drop pod and my unit) in my right corner, he decided to drop them in the middle of the board. My last drop pod for this turn, the one with the remaining wolf guard terminators, dropped down right in front of his vehicles. The terminators shot the annihilation barge, blowing off both weapons with combi-meltas. My grey hunters ran into terrain and out of sight of his wraiths.

In my opponents's second turn, his second unit of warriors arrived from reserves, walking onto the table behind the ruined building. He moved his annihilation barge back towards his table side, moved his scarabs and the arc around my drop pod and moved his spiders so that the one with the special upgrade could try to repair the annihilation barge and still be in range of the scarabs to spawn. He spawned three more scarabs. His wraiths moved towards my nearby grey hunter unit but were out of assault range so he moved them near my drop pod instead. His shooting killed the wolf guard terminator with the chainfist. In the assault with the scarabs and the wraiths, he wrecked both drop pods.


In my second turn, my wolf scouts arrived, as did the drop pod with Logan and the long fangs and the drop pod with the second small unit of grey hunters. Logan's drop pod once more scattered into terrain but I didn't fail my dangerous terrain test. They got out with a nice view on both the wraiths and the scarabs. My second unit of grey hunters dropped down on the centre objective, sandwiching the wraiths between both units of grey hunters. My scouts came on the board near his ghost arc. My long fang missile launchers fired at the scarabs, causing a lot of casualties but they made their leadership check. I split fire and let my multi-melta long fangs shoot at the wraiths but didn't hit them. Both grey hunter squads shot at the wraiths but only caused one wound. The scouts shot and assaulted the ghost arc, wrecking it. I had moved my remaining wolf guard terminators up, thinking to assault the annihilation barge but as this was a AV11 rear vehicle, I couldn't even hurt it. They instead assaulted the scarabs but I lost the power weapon terminator in the proces.






In my opponent's third turn, he moved his wraiths towards my newly arrived grey hunters. He gives the wraiths furious charge and takes away counter attack on my newly arrived grey hunters. His annihilation barge moved back up and he moved his spiders with it. He moved the warriors that came out of reserve into the building. His jet bikes moved forward and shot at the long fangs but failed to hurt them. His warriors opened up on my scouts, causing enough kills to make them run away. He failed to repair the annihilation barge again. In the assault phase, his wraiths and destroyer lord caused mayhem to my grey hunter squad, especially since the lord had mindshackle scarabs and made my terminator hit his own unit. His scarabs killed the last wolf guard terminator and consolidated near my wrecked drop pod.


In my third turn, my last drop pod arrives next to the ruined building and an objective. I get out and put half my unit in terrain. I split off the rune priest, hoping to use Jaws of the World Wolf to take out the monstrous creatures. My scouts regroup thanks to And They Shall Know No Fear and move back up towards the wrecked ghost arc. The multi-melta long fangs move up a bit but thanks to Logan giving them relentless, the unit will still be able to fire this turn. My newly arrived grey hunters fire at the small unit of warriors in the building and cause some casualties. Logan and the missile launcher long fangs shoot into the scarabs, causing another batch of wounds. The multi-melta long fangs shoot at the jetbikes and destroy one. My runepriest succeeds in his leadership check but fails the to hit roll. Unfortunately the drop pod blocks line of sight to the target unit from my chooser of the slain. His wraiths and destroyer lord kill off all the grey hunters, leaving only my terminator still standing.






In my opponent's fourth turn he moves his scarabs and spiders forward so they can assault my newly arrived grey hunters and the rune priest. His one spider is able to repair a weapon from the annihilation barge. He moves his small unit of warriors behind the spiders and the annihilation barge. After the shooting from his warriors which my grey hunters weathered well, he assaults my grey hunters with the scarabs and my runepriest with the spiders. I use my wolf banner but lose almost the entire unit (only the banner and the powerfist remain). We also noticed later that he had left one base of scarabs behind on my drop pod door. The tomb spiders killed the rune priest who failed to hurt them with his force weapon. The destroyer lord made my remaining terminator kill himself and consolidated toward my long fangs.




In my fourth turn, I moved my long fangs out of terrain and towards the wraiths. I also moved my remaining small squad of grey hunters out of terrain towards the nearest objective and within line of sight of the wraiths but they were not yet close enough to the objective to claim it. My scouts moved towards his annihilation barge. My grey hunters shot at the wraiths, as did my long fangs. He took some wounds on his lord and lost one wraith. I then assaulted the wraiths with the long fangs and just made it. He piled in and luckily for me, Logan was near his lord but just not in base contact. So he made my wolf guard terminator with cyclone missile launcher attack his own unit. Logan killed the lord (who didn't get back up) and I was left in combat with 4 remaining wraiths. We both wiffed our attacks in the combat with the scarabs. My scouts assaulted the annihilation barge but I don't remember if they destroyed it or not.


As my opponent had to leave, we called the game a draw as we both still had options to claim and contest objectives. We did roll to see if the game was to go beyond turn five and it wouldn't have.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten