zondag 8 januari 2012

P&B battle report vs Space Marines

My first 1750 points campaign battle was against a vulkan space marine army. My opponent brought three units of 10 tactical marines in rhinos, a landraider redeemer with Vulkan and 5 thunderhammer stormshield terminators, an all lascannon predator and three individual land speeders with heavy flamers and multi-meltas. We rolled for mission and deployment and got Seize Ground with Dawn of War deployment. We got four objectives. We placed three of them in my opponents left table quarter and I placed the last one diagonally across the board in my right corner. I won the roll to go first but let my opponent choose table sides and start the game. He didn't deploy anything and neither did I.

On my opponent's first turn he moved all his vehicles up from his table edge next to each other and popped smoke. From left to right he had a rhino with the first tactical squad, the landraider with vulkan and the terminators, another rhino with the second tactical squad, the last rhino with the third tactical squad and the predator to end the line. This covered most of the centre of his table edge. His three landspeeders moved flat out towards my right table corner and lined up in the middle of the board.

In my first turn, I dropped my 4 suicide wolf guard terminators right in front of his landraider but I scattered to the right. They still got out in close melta-range of the landraider. I dropped my other wolf guard terminator squad in front of his predator. They got out to melta the lascannon threat. I finally dropped Logan and the long fangs on the objective closest to his tank line but I scattered into terrain. Luckily the unit was still in multi-melta range of the landraider. In the shooting phase the multi-melta's blew up the landraider but the other long fangs fail to destroy a landspeeder. The suicide terminators then killed one terminator with all their AP1 and AP2 combi-weapons. The predator however survived the two combi-melta's from my storm shield terminator squad.

In my opponent's second turn, he moved the first rhino 12" towards an objective. He moved the other rhino's a bit and moved his predator behind the third rhino for a cover save. His terminators and vulkan moved out of terrain and towards my long fangs. His shooting killed all but the chainfist terminator from my suicide squad. He also killed one of the other terminators and blew up a drop pod. His terminators shot at my long fangs and then assaulted them. I used Logan's Living Legend and had him strike with his frost axe so he could strike before the terminators. I killed several but he also took down most of my long fangs.

In my second turn, none of my reservers arrived (again!). I moved the lone terminator with the chainfist so he could assault Vulkan in base to base. The other terminators moved up and multi-assaulted the rhino and the predator. The rhino got stunned but the predator was still left undamaged. My chainfist wiffed in combat and failed to hit Vulkan. After the combat, I only had my wolf guard terminator with cyclone missile launcher, Logan and the chainfist terminator left.

In my opponent's third turn, he moved his first rhino even further towards the farthest objective on his table side. The predator moved a bit away and shot at my terminators as did the remaining landspeeders, killing another terminator. In combat, Vulkan and his terminators destroyed my remaining terminators while Logan destroyed his remaining terminators, leaving only the independent characters to face off against each other.

In my third turn, my small squad of grey hunters with the second wolf guard with combi-plasma arrive and wreck the rhino of the first tactical squad. They disembark from the rear hatch. Logan and Vulkan strike at each other, leaving Logan with only one wound but Vulkan makes all of his invulnerable saves. My terminators immobilize the third rhino.

In my opponent's fourth turn, he moves his first tactical squad back into terrain and within claiming distance of an objective. His shooting leaves only my terminator and the mark of the wulfen alive in the small grey hunter squad. His landspeeders and the predator try to kill my remaining terminators and I am now down to two terminators. In combat, I take a risk with Logan and decide to strike with his powerfist. I survive the punishment from Vulkan and he fails one of his invulnerable saves, killing him instantly. I consolidate Logan towards the first tactical squad.

In my fourth turn, both my first scout squad as my other grey hunters squad arrive. The grey hunters deepstrike on the objective where moments ago Logan and Vulkan were still in combat but they scatter in the same direction as before and land on top of the exploded drop pod from my suicide terminators. The grey hunters get out to double melta the third rhino while the rune priest leaves the unit with a nice line of effect on the first tactical squad. The scouts don't get to choose which side they come up and arrive on my left side. I move them on and unluckily they are just outside close melta range of the nearest landspeeder. They do get to shoot the landspeeder and it gets immobilized. The grey hunters blow up the third rhino. The rune priest succeeds in casting Jaws of the World Wolf but he makes all his intiative checks. The two remaining terminators assault the tactical marine occupants of this rhino but as they are forced to assault into terrain, they strike last. I have to make only two regular armour saves and roll double ones, killing them both before they can strike. Both the remaining models from the small grey hunter squad and Logan assault the first tactical squad and decimate them leaving only the sergeant alive but I do lose the terminator.

In my opponents fifth turn, he disembarks the second tactical squad, spreads them out and moves the rhino so it contests the nearest objective. He also moves his landspeeder near the right table edge in a perfect flaming position of my first scout squad and kills three regular scouts. His third tactical squad opens up fire with their bolters while his nearby landspeeder flames the space wolves, killing several grey hunters. Logan finished off the sergeant and consolidates towards the second tactical squad. The lone grey hunter with mark of the wulfen consolidates towards the objective in cover.

In my fifth turn, my second scout squads arrive. Again, I do not get to choose where they arrive but they do show up on the same side as the others. I place them next to the landspeeder that just flamed my first scout squad. They destroy it while my other scout squad nocks off the weapons on the already immobilzed landspeeder. My rune priest moves into cover, contesting the objective that is also contested by the rhino. He then uses Jaws of the World Wolf on the second tactical squad, killing several including the sergeant. My remaining grey hunters move into the crater that holds the third tactical squad, shoots them and assaults them. Even with using the wolf standard, the result is not great but we remain locked in combat. Logan assaults the second tactical squad, kills enough for a check and they run away towards their nearby table edge. Logan consolidates to within 6 inches. We have a bystander roll to see if the game continues and it does!

In his sixt turn, the remaining models of the second tactical squad run off the board. He then uses both their rhino and the predator to tank shock the lone grey hunter off the objective in cover but fails both his dangerous terrain checks. He then uses his last landspeeder to turboboost in terrain to contest the objective. The combat between the third tactical squad and the grey hunters continues but they remain locked in combat. The first scout squad destroys the landspeeder they were still in contact with.

In my sixt turn, both scout squads start moving towards the other side of the board. My mark of the wulfen model moves through terrain, shoots his pistol at the land speeder and then assaults it but fails to hurt it. Logan moves towards the combat between the grey hunters and the tactical squad and tries to assault but doesn't roll high enough on his difficult terrain check. The combat between the third tactical squad and the grey hunters continues but they remain locked in combat. We have a bystander roll to see if the game continues and it does again!

In my opponent's seventh turn, he moves his landspeeder so it still contests and shoots at my grey hunter with mark of the wulfen with everything he has left but fails to kill it. The combat between the third tactical squad and the grey hunters continues but they remain locked in combat.

In my last turn, I shoot and assault the landspeeder with my mark of the wulfen but fail to destroy it. Logan assaults the tactical squad and wipes the remaining space marines. My remaining grey hunters consolidate back towards the nearest objective but only roll a 3. I move them but believe they will be out of range. My opponent then measured and found them to just be in range to claim the objective, giving me the win.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten