woensdag 18 juli 2012

Tournament battle vs Grey Knights

The second day of the Belgian Open, the top 8 players from the first day were put in one bracket and would fight for best general while the rest of the players were put in the second bracket and would fight for best luitenant. I started day two in the top of the secodn bracket. My first battle of the second day saw me facing another grey knight army. This time it consisted of coteaz, a librarian, henchmen in chimeras, a large unit of purifiers with razorback, three dreadnoughts and two stormravens. The mission was a modified capture and control with one objective each and then a third near the center of the board. Deployment was spearhead.

I won the roll to go first and let my opponent choose sides and deploy. He deployed his forces so I couldn't drop down behind him and get easy rear armour shots. Coteaz also forced me to try to come in away from his ride as he and the unit of purifiers he was with, could shoot at me if I landed too close. He kept one unit of henchmen on foot in reserve. I deployed nothing. I didn't seize. He placed his objective near his table edge while I placed mine near the middle of the table so there were two objective near the middle of the table.



In my opponent's first turn, he moved his units forward and he popped smoke on all vehicles except for one dreadnought he thought would be safe.
In my first turn, I dropped down Logan and the longfangs in the middle of the table, right in front of his stormravens with death cult assassins. My shooty terminators and the runepriest dropped right next to the long fangs. I dropped my assault terminators near his objective. The assault terminators blew up the unprotected dreadnought but the rest of my shooting was foiled by smoke or bad dice rolls.





In my opponent's second turn, he moved his stormraven with the librarian up. He disembarked the death cult assassins from the other stormraven. The stormraven's mindstrike missiles took out the runepriest while the assassins destroyed the shooty terminators. He focused a lot of fire on the assault terminators and took them all down.
In my second turn, a unit of wolf scouts arrived. I let them walk on from my board edge. Together with logan and the longfangs, they tried to shoot down the stormraven with the librarian but failed to destroy it. Both units assaulted it and Logan managed to wreck it. Since I had the stormraven completely surrounded, he lost the units inside as well. The first unit of grey hunters also arrived. I dropped them on top of my objective. They took some shots at the other stormraven but couldn't hurt it. The drop pods took some shots at the death cult assassins and killed a few but he held his ground.










In my opponent's third turn, he moved his assassins up but he didn't make it into assault as he had to go through difficult terrain. He disembarked the purifiers and took some shots at the scouts and the long fangs. The grey hunters suffered shots from the second stormraven. He also destroyed their drop pod. His henchmen arrived near his objective.
In my third turn, the second squad of grey hunters arrived and I dropped them on top of his objective. They destroyed a nearby chimera. My second unit of scouts also arrived but from the wrong table edge. I moved and ran them into terrain. One of my speeders arrived but failed to hurt anything. The assassins were shot down.










In my opponentes fourth turn, he concentrated fire on the first unit of grey hunters, killing all but the wolfguard. He also destroyed the landspeeder. Thinking this would be the last turn, he assaulted my grey hunters on his objective with both henchmen squads. He lost the first one this round. He moved his purifiers up towards Logan and the longfangs but they had to go through the same area of difficult terrain.
In my turn, One of my landspeeders deep struck in and took out another dreadnought. The grey hunters took out the second unit of henchmen and consolidated onto his objective and into cover. The scouts tried assaulted the stormraven but failed to hurt it. At this moment I had two objectives claimed and I still contested the third. He had no scoring troops left.





We got the green light from the judges to play another round. In his turn, he moved his stormraved next to my lone wolfguard holding the objective. While he did contest it now, the wolfguard managed to survive all the shots coming his way. He didn't risk a tankshock with his razorback but did move it through terrain to contest the objective my grey hunters were holding. The purifiers made it into combat with the longfangs and Logan.
In my turn, I moved my landspeeder closer. The grey hunters and the landspeeder shot at the razorback and immobilized it. I then assaulted it and destroyed it. The purifiers destroyed Logan and the longfangs.








With one objective held and both others contested, I scored another win.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten