zaterdag 29 oktober 2011

P&B battle report vs Dark Eldar

My first 1250 Paint & Battle Campaign battle was against a dark eldar player. His army consisted of a ravager, a unit of 6 reaver jetbikes, a unit of 10 witches in a raider, a unit of 9 witches with an archon in another raider, a unit of 5 incubi in a venom and two units of 5 kabalite warriors on foot. All his vehicles had night shields and flicker fields. We rolled for mission and deployment and got capture and control with pitched battle deployment. I won the roll to go first but let my opponent choose a side and go first.

My opponent placed his objective in a ruin on the left side of the board. I placed mine also on that side, opposite his.
He deployed the two units of warriors in the ruin with the objective. The venom and the two raiders with their occupants were lined up in his deployment zone between the ruin with the building and the centre of the board. He kept the ravager and the reaver jetbikes in reserves.
With my whole army in drop pods, I deployed nothing. I tried to seize the initiative but failed.

On my opponent's first turn, He moved his three fast vehicles forward so he would have a cover save. With nothing to shoot at, his turn was over fast.
On my first turn, I had three of my drop pods that came down. I placed the drop pod with Logan and the long fangs in the middle of his three vehicles. I didn't deviate. The second drop pod with the wolf guard terminators also didn't deviate and landed next to the venom. I placed the third drop pod with the grey hunters, wolfguard and rune priest on the other side of his vehicles but scattered a long way off towards the middle of the board. I split the fire of the longfangs and shot two missiles at the raider with the 9 witches and the archon, blew it up and took 3 of the witches down in the explosion. I shot two other missiles and Logan's stormbolter at the second raider without result. I then made my first mistake and held back on the shooting against the venom. I only shot two rapid fire combi-plasmas and failed to hurt it. My unit of grey hunters tried to shoot at the second raider but due to the vehicles upgrades, only one was in range and failed to hurt it.




In my opponent's second turn, his reaver jetbikes arrived. He moved them over my long fang unit, causing wounds. His venom moved over my terminators and he disembarked his incubi. His archon left the squad of witches and moved towards my terminators. The witches on foot moved towards the long fangs and Logan. The other squad of witches got out of their ride and the raider moved next to my objective. He shot his entire army, killing all long fangs except for one missile launcher. I made all the other saves. He fleeted his witches that lost their transport towards my remaining long fang and Logan. He then assaulted my wolf guard terminators with his archon and his incubi. His first witches squad assaulted my long fangs and Logan while his other squad assaulted the grey hunters. I used Logan's Living Legend rule and gave all three of my units +1 attack. I also invoked my wolf banner on the grey hunter squad. All my units succeeded in their counter-attack check. His archon whiffed and only killed one terminator but his incubi killed three more. Only my wolf guard terminator with chainfist remained and killed two incubi in return. With his first squad of witches, he made all his attacks against the long fangs, killing the lone missile launcher. Logan in return killed a few witches. His other squad of witches killed only the grey hunter with meltagun. I made all my other saves. The returning strikes killed 7 of the witches who promptly ran away and were too few in numbers so they couldn't regroup.
In my turn, none of my remaining drop pods arrived. My grey hunters moved towards his reaver jetbikes and I placed them so they could multi-assault and also give Logan some support. My rune priest used Murderous Hurricane on the jetbikers and the rest of the unit also shot them, causing a few wounds. I then multi-assaulted. He lost that combat and the jetbikes ran away, taking dangerous terrain checks thanks to the psychic power. These were also below half strength and couldn't regroup. His archon killed the last terminator and it consolidated together with the incubi towards Logan who had taken his first wound in this round of combat.




In his third turn, his ravager arrived. His fleeing witches ran some more towards his board edge while his reavers just ended next to the board edge. With all my infantry units in combat, he focused all his shooting on my drop pods and blew one up, killing at least one of his remaining witches. His archon and his incubi assaulted Logan and the grey hunters. At the end of combat, I had lost half of my grey hunters.
In my third turn, both my remaining drop pods arrived. I placed the first one next to his objective but scattered away towards the combat. I then went all for his objective and placed the second drop pod also next to his objective. This one also scattered away in the same direction. Both new units then shot up his warrior squads. His archon killed Logan and only my rune priest survived the assault while his witch squad is down to one.


In my opponent's fourth turn, he openend fire on my small squads of grey hunters. One was reduced to two guys, the other to three. The unit of three failed their leadership check and started running towards my board edge. They would pass the combat and he had a raider and a venom in range so he could walk them off the board if he wanted too. In combat, he killed the rune priest and then consolidated the lone witch towards my objective and the incubi towards his own objective. The archon went solo and moved to intercept my running grey hunters squad.
In my fourth turn, I moved my two remaining grey hunters next to his objective and ran them into cover. My other grey hunters fell back within melta range of his venom. I only glanced it but it couldn't move and shoot next turn. My drop pod that deviated towards the middle of the board on my first turn, took aim at the lone witch and shot her down.


In my opponent's fifth turn, he moved and ran his remaing incubi towards my two grey hunters in combat. He moved his warriors down a floor and next to his objective and shot my grey hunters who went to ground to get a 3+ cover save. Only one regular grey hunter survived the shooting phase but was promptly assaulted and killed by the incubi and a warrior squad.
In my fifth turn, I ran my fleeing grey hunters some more. My remaining drop pods shot at his troops without much result.


In turn six my last grey hunter ran off the board and I was left with only one drop pod that was still functioning. Maybe I should have split my last drop pods, putting one on his objective, and the other on mine so he had to split his forces as well. That might have gotten me a draw in stead of a loss.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten