maandag 3 oktober 2011

P&B battle report vs Space Marines

My first battle in the Paint & Battle campaign saw me facing off against a salamanders list. My opponent brought Vulkan in a Land Raider Redeemer, 2 full tactical squads (one with flamer and missile launcher, the other one with meltagun, missile launcher and sergeant with plasma pistol and powersword) in rhinos and a dreadnought with heavy flamer and multi-melta.

We rolled for mission and deployment and got Capture and Control with Spearhead Deployment. He won the roll and deployed his land raider flanked by a rhino on one side and the rhino and the dreadnought on the other side.

I deployed my 5-man grey hunter squad on my objective, in area terrain, with the long fangs as a screening unit before them.

The board was rougly divided diagonally in two with three pieces of castle walls. We had each deployed on one side and there were two large openings breaking up the wall.

On a lucky dice roll I seized the initiative. I placed my first drop pod with the grey hunters, wolf guard and wolf priest on top of his objective, right in front of the landraider but scattered horribly back, right into one of the two openings in the wall. While I was now out of melta range, I had now blocked part of his movement if he tried to come to contest my objective but this also meant my long fangs would have nothing to shoot at without granting my opponent a cover save. I then placed my second drop pod with the second pack of grey hunters with wolf guard and rune priest in the same spot and this time didn't deviate off target. They got out and I double meltad the land raider but only stunned it. My long fangs shot at the rhino that they could see and immobilized it.

In my opponents first turn he advanced his dreadnought towards my grey hunter quad with rune priest, moved his rhino that was hiding behind the dreandnought forward so he could flame me out of the top hatch and had Vulkan step out and move towards my second grey hunter squad with wolf priest. A lot of flamers later, my forces were dwindling. He assaulted both units, one with the dreadnought and one with Vulkan. The dreadnought didn't survive but I had only my wolf guard and rune priest left. Vulkan focused on the unit of grey hunters, killing all of them, but was killed in return by the wolf priest.

None of my reserve forces arrived on turn two. So that meant I had only three models to move. With all his infantry still in their vehicles, I had nothing to psychic attack. My wolf priest moved toward the immobilized rhino and assaulted it but the krak grenade failed to do anything usefull. My rune priest and wolf guard moved up towards the other rhino and assaulted but yet again without result. My long fangs shot at the immobilized rhino but only blew off a weapon.

On his turn two, he disembarked the troops out of the immobilized rhino and took out my wolf priest. He also killed the rune priest with shooting (I allocated the hit on him so the scoring wolfguard could remain alive as long as possible).

On my turn three both my reserves came on. I rolled a 1 for my wolf scouts, the only option that was bad for my outflank so I had to walk them all across the table towards his models. I used the last empty drop pod to plug the second hole in the wall and didn't scatter. He now had to take out the drop pods or be unable to move his landraider towards my objective. I ran my scouts but rolled another 1 ... they really weren't willing to get into the fight. My remaining wolf guard tried to assault his landraider but failed to glance. Now that finally some of his models were on the board, I could open fire with my drop pod stormbolters. My long fangs destroyed the rhino, glancing it to death.

On my opponent's turn three he moved his remaining rhino towards the newly arrived drop pod, destroyed the drop pod on his objective and moved his marine squad on foot onto his objective, in cover of the wrecked drop pod. His landraider started moving towards the other drop pod wall plug.

On my turn four I moved my scouts towards his rhino, shot my two meltaguns but failed to harm it and then assaulted it and failed to harm it yet again (I had to roll 6's as he had moved more than 6" last turn). My long fangs killed a few of his marines on foot but less than I hoped for as he was getting cover saves.

On his turn four, he disembarked the rhino marines, unloaded with a flamer and pistol shots on my scouts, then assaulted me and wiped the squad. He consolidated back towards his transport that had moved out of the way.

I don't remember all the details any more of the battle. By this time he had already destroyed the other drop pod as well and his landraider was moving through multiple dangerous terrain areas from all the destroyed vehicles. On his turn four he ended the landraider in terrain.

By his turn five his remaining rhino was advancing towards my objective, my long fangs had suffered casualties, as did my grey hunters. When he tried to move his landraider closer, it immobilized itself on the remains of my drop pod.

The game ended after turn five. Luckily for me as I still got a draw out of it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten