maandag 3 oktober 2011

P&B battle report vs Eldar

My second battle saw me against an elite eldar force. My opponent brought two units of dire avengers both with exarchs with bladestorm in waveserpents, a farseer with doom, a unit of 5 rangers and two units of 3 dark reapers, also each with an exarch.

We rolled for missions and deployment and got annihilation (kill points) and spearhead deployment. My opponent won the roll to go first and set up his dark reapers and rangers in a building with multiple floors, each unit taking up one level of the building. He kept his two wave serpents near his rear board edge so I couldn't drop behind them. I deployed the small unit of grey hunters and the long fangs together, once more into cover, with my grey hunters behind line of sight blocking terrain.

I failed to seize the initiative so my opponent got first turn. He used all of his long range shooting and blasted my long fangs off the board.

In my first turn I dropped both my large units right in front of his waveserpents, melta gunned one to its death but failed to hurt the other one (double ones on the to hit roll).

In his second turn, he moved his remaining waveserpent around my units, disembarked the dire avengers but left the farseer in the vehicle. He then shot all of his units at the squad with the rune priest except the unit that had just disembarked who shot my unit with the wolf priest. Once more my grey hunters fell like flies. The unit with the rune priest got decimated (the rune priest didn't survive) but the other unit fared better.

On my second turn no reserves came on the board. I moved my grey hunters with wolf priest over towards the disembarked unit while the few remaining grey hunters from the other unit moved up towards the dire avengers that lost their transport. After shooting some pistols, I assaulted them but failed to do enough damage and died. The unit with the wolf priest shot at the waveserpent and then multi-assaulted the waveserpent and the unit of dire avengers (I had moved my unit specificaly for this purpose). I wiped the dire avengers (mark of the wulfen rocks!) but failed to do anything against the waveserpent. I consolidated back towards the building with his remaining units and sought cover behind my own drop pod.

On my opponents third turn, he moved his farseer in waveserpent away from my footslogging units, destroyed a drop pod and shot some off my grey hunters. Eventually I had only my mark of the wulfen model left who went to ground in round four and made his 6+ save, but failed another going to ground 6+ save in round five.

On my third turn, my last drop pod arrived which I placed on my quarter out of range of his static shooting. My wolf scouts also arrived and moved up towards the building holding three juicy targets. In the next few turns they moved into the building and assaulted one unit a turn, wiping it and consolidating out of sight of the shooty units on the upper floors. But by then he had already earned enought kill point so that when the game ended, I lost 7 to 4.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten