zondag 9 oktober 2011

P&B battle report vs Space Marines

My fourth 1000 point campaign game was against another new 40k player who has also started a space marine army. His army consisted of a librarian with null zone and the gate of infinity, a unit of shooty terminators, a dreadnought with TL Heavy Flamer in a drop pod, a 10-man unit of sniper scouts with camo cloaks, missile launcher and sergeant Telion, a 10-man tactical unit in a rhino and a thunderfire cannon. We rolled for mission and deployment and got annihilation with a spearhead deployment. He won the roll to go first and deployed first.

We played on the same board with the same terrain setup as my previous game. He took the same table side my opponent did then and deployed in the table quarter that held the large ruin where my previous opponent had placed his devastators. He placed his thunderfire cannon on the third floor and his scouts below that. He placed his rhino near the middle of his long board edge behind some trees. The librarian was deployed behind the large ruin and his drop pod with the dreadnough and his terminantors were placed in reserves to deepstrike in.
I deployed only my long fangs, this time in a small wood near the middle of my long table edge so they would have range on all his stuff in the large ruin. I kept the small unit of grey hunters in reserves as they would have to walk all across the board and would propably give up a kill point from being shot at. My scouts went also in reserves to outflank as did the third empty drop pod. The other drop pods with the grey hunters and ICs would make a drop pod assault on the first turn.

I rolled to seize the initiative and did! I placed my first drop pod with the grey hunters and the wolf priest about twelve inch away of my opponents long board edge, between the back of his rhino and the units in the large ruin. I didn't deviate much and disembarked so that my drop pod gave my unit a cover save from the shooting coming out of the large ruin. My second drop pod, I placed on the other side of the woods near his rhino. It scattered a bit and ended touching the woods. I rolled a dangerous terrain check and got a one, so I lost the drop pod's stormbolter. I disembarked mostly into the woods. My first unit failed to blew up the rhino so my second unit had to shoot at it as well and stunned it. My long fangs shot at his scouts with frag missiles and although I got a lot of hits, it only killed one scout thanks to their 2+ cover save (camo cloaks and bolstered ruin from the techmarine).
On his first turn, his drop pod came down next to my long fangs, he disembarked the dreadnought who flamed my long fangs, killing the sergeant and a missile launcher but they held their ground. His tactical marines got out of the rhino and double tapped my unit of grey hunters with the rune priest. His librarian moved away from my drop pods, still hiding behind the ruin but now out of range of my rune priest's rune weapon. His snipers and thunderfire cannon took fire on my other grey hunter squad. Both my grey hunter squads lost some models.

In my second turn both my scouts and the last drop pod arrived with only my small unit of grey hunters left in reserves. I dropped the empty drop pod in the empty table quarter on my opponent's edge, as far away from all his units as possible. My wolf scouts came on from my right side, so I had them show up near his librarian. They shot him with melta and pistols and assaulted him. My long fangs shot the dreadnought but failed to hurt it. I knew these would be dead soon. My rune priest his grey hunters moved closer to the tactical squad. The rune priest tried to jaws them, succeed on the leadership check but failed to hit the first marine. I shot the tacticals with pistols and assaulted them. My other grey hunters with the wolf priest moved closer to the ruin, shot their pistols and tried to assault but I didn't roll high enough on my difficult terrain check to reach them in the assault phase.
In my opponent's second turn, he moved the dreadnought closer to my long fangs, flamed them (killing one more) and then assaulted them. Since he didn't have grenades, I got to strike first, used my krak grenades, rolled double sixes for an actual hit but only rolled shaken, which dreadnoughts ignore. He then killed another one in the assault phase so we were still locked in combat. His shooty terminators arrived but with his drop pod's locator beacon the other side of the board, he decided for a gutsy drop right in the middle of my forces in his table quarter. Luckily, He rolled a hit on his deep strike scatter roll. He used his rhino to tank shock my grey hunters with the wolf priest but I risked a Death or Glory and meltagunned it, exploding it. His terminators flamered and shot up my grey hunters with the wolf priest, as did the snipers and the thunderfire cannon. This grey hunters squad was now reduced to only a few models. My wolf scouts killed the librarian and consolidated towards the closest entrance to the ruin. The combat between the tactical squad and the other grey hunters continued, his models slowly dwindling.

In my third turn, I moved my remaining grey hunters with the wolf priest towards his terminators, shot them with melta and pistols (killing one) and then assaulted them (killing another). My wolf scouts moved through terrain into the ruin, a few had shots at the snipers and then assaulted them. My remaining long fang failed to hurt the dreadnought and was killed in return. The dreadnought then consolidated out of terrain and towards my third drop pod.
In my opponents third turn, he moved and ran his dreadnought towards the empty dreadnought. With almost everything now in assault, his thunderfire cannon had nothing to shoot at. The terminators killed all my grey hunters but left the wolf priest alive, who had to make extra saves for all the fearless wounds due to combat resolution and died of those. The terminators only consolidated one inch. In the assault phase, my grey hunters with the rune priest killed the last of the tactical marines. I now had about half of the unit left and consolidated towards the terminators.

In my fourth turn, I moved the grey hunters closer towards the terminators. My small unit of grey hunters finally arrived from reserves and moved on from my table edge, shooting and destroying his drop pod. I again tried to manifest Jaws of the World Wolf, succeeded on my leadership check but failed again to hit. Now I know why you should bring a Chooser of the Slain along! The rest of the unit shot the terminators and assaulted them, killing one. The combat between both scout units was mostly won each turn by my squad, but he made all his morale checks, but he had more bodies and I wasn't killing him hard or fast enough.
In his fourth turn, he moved his dreadnought closer and assaulted my empty drop pod, destroying it. He moved his techmarine down in the ruin and added it to the assault with the snipers and the wolf scouts. My grey hunters with the rune priest killed his remaining terminator and consolidated towards the ruin, away from his dreadnought.

In my fifth turn, I moved the grey hunters with the rune priest closer towards the ruin. My wolfguard with powerfist took out his techmarine, and my remaining wolf scouts killed a few of his sniper scouts.
In my opponents fifth turn, he moved and ran his dreadnought towards the next closest drop pod. The combat between the scouts ended with only my wolf guard remaining.

We rolled and got a sixt turn. Seeing his dreadnought in reach of my drop pod, I moved the rune priest and his grey hunter meat shield closer and manifested Murderous Hurricane. The hits couldn't do anything to it but it would now be slowed down as if in difficult and dangerous terrain, a nasty trick to pull. I also moved the wolf guard out of the building and closer to the other grey hunters in case its powerfist was needed in combat.
In my opponent's turn he rolled a one so he couldn't reach the drop pod. In stead of running, he shot at the wolf guard with his stormbolter and killed it!

There was no turn seven so we added up kills and I won 7 to 5.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten