zaterdag 7 april 2012

Hobby progress update

First of all, a picture of the result of some tests I did. The green plastic used here was recovered from the garden and was severly warped which made it impossible to allign it properly to the foam. But I have since bought some new pieces, so the final result will be much cleaner.



I mainly learned that the glue I intended to use wasn't ok, but I have now switched to something else that does work. But I will be using all the materials that are on this picture. The colored paste that I bought to texture (and color) the board, is sticky enough that when I press in the wood pieces, they hold on to the board.

Next up, I cut out the trenches into the display board that I will use as a test for my game board.



For the wooden 'floor' of the trenches, I intend to paint these up front and then press them into the base so I do not need to paint it on the board. To make it easy on myself (I hope) I have glued these to a piece of paper.



I now intend to airbrush these (undercoat and basecoat) and then drybrush them. I used a weak glue so I hope They still come off from the sheet of paper without too much hassle.



This afternoon, I also started to work on a test piece for the 'walls' of the trenches. I bought some H-shaped plasticcard yesterday. I cut these up and placed the pieces of green plastic in between. This will break it up a bit and give me some edges to higlight.





I do not intend to glue the pieces of 'wall' foam to the 'floor' foam until finaly assembly. This will allow me to airbrush and drybrush the wall sections without chance of messing up the floor sections. Afterwards I will only need to apply the texturing paste to the top level.

Everything needs to dry now and then I can take out the airbrush and start applying some color.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten