maandag 23 april 2012

Tournament battle vs Necrons

Yesterday I went to the 11th conflict tournament organized by Conect'r. In the first mission each player begins with a flag marker and a 3”-diameter station marker. The station marker is placed 6” from the middle point of the long table side on which your army will deploy. The flag marker is placed on top of it. Each player must try to place his flag on his opponents station and capture his opponent's flag. In addition you can also score battlepoints with kill points as a secondary mission objective and victory points as a third mission objective. Deployment is dawn of war.

My opponent brought a Necron army consisting of The stormlord, another overlord, two royal courts, two units of wraiths, a unit of scarabs, a large unit of warriors and three units of immortals. I don't know who won the roll to go first but in the end I went first. I deployed nothing. He deployed his large unit of warriors with two upgrades and the stormlord in the middle of his deployment zone, near his table edge. This unit included a veil of darkness. Everything else would walk on the board in his first turn. They were in contact with the flag and picked it up.

In my first turn I dropped Logan and the longfangs in the middle of the table but to the right of his large squad. My assault terminators also come down in the middle of the table but to the left of his large squad. As my third drop pod, I took a unit of grey hunters and dropped them to the right of his large squad. They deviated an ended up near his table edge. I opened fire and took down a bunch of necron warriors but he put a few back up.
In his first turn, his large squad veiled away towards the left of my deployment zone. In later turns he had four upgrades/ICs in his large unit which should not have been possible. I think he deployed his second overlord also in the large unit but with dawn of war, you can only deploy one HQ choice. If he had walked on the second HQ and joined the squad, the squad couldn't have veiled anymore in that turn. The rest of his units arrived on the board. The stormlord used his special lightning ability and rolled a lot of sixes but managed to kill only a model here and there. His tomb spiders spawned two more scarabs but one of them took a wound. My terminators and the longfangs weathered his shooting. His first unit of wraiths assaulted my terminators. I lost all but one of the terminators but he held. The other unit of wraiths assaulted Logan and the longfangs. I lost a few longfangs and he lost a few wraiths. His spiders and the scarabs assaulted my grey hunters. He made an effort to multi-assault the scarabs into the drop pod but then made all his attacks on the unit and none on the drop pod. Except for one model that was only in base to base with the spiders, all my models struck at the scarabs. I killed a few and then my powerfist killed a few more bases. He lost combat by 17 or so, taking an equal amount of fearless saves, killing the remaining scarabs and leaving only one spider with one wound left.


In my turn my second unit of grey hunters arrived, as did one unit of scouts. I dropped them next to his veil of darkness unit. Both units shot at them. I had hoped to assault them with the scouts but they were out of range. Logan and the longfangs finished off the wraiths and consolidated towards his other troops. The other wraiths finished off the lone terminator and consolidated towards Logan and the remaining longfang. The grey hunters killed off the last spider and also consolidated towards his troops.
In my opponent's second turn he once more veiled away, this time near the right middle of the board. With his shooting, he took out my grey hunters. In the assault, he took out Logan and the longfangs.


In my third turn, both my scouts and the shooty terminators with the runepriest arrived. I didn't got to choose were the scouts came on and got the wrong side of the board to get to the large unit so I moved hem on towards his shooting troops on his side of the board. The drop pod came down next to his large unit. The runepriest got off Jaws of the World Wolf and I sniped both the stormlord and his overlord while two regular warriors survived. Unfortunately he said it was possible to get them to stand back up. I found this strange so we called a judge who also thought that was possible. Not only did they both get back up, the stormlord got back up with all his wounds. I had moved the grey hunters also towards the large unit but stung them out and picked up my own flag. I shot the stormbolters from the shooty terminators and the few grey hunters that were in range but that didn't do much. The scouts moved up but were out of range from everyting. The newly arrived scouts ran but didn't make it into cover. The drop pods took some pot shots but didn't do anything worht mentioning. By this time he had already took out one or two with his lightning.
In my opponent's third turn, the stormlord used his special one shot shooting attack and then the unit assaulted my runepriest and the terminators. They wiped them out. The cryptecs in his small units started to shoot at droppods and at my approaching scouts. The wraiths moved up towards my terminators but were out of range for the assault.




In my next turn I think my grey hunters moved up and assaulted the wraiths, knowing they were going to get the assault anyway and this way would not suffer the shooting attacks from his other units. The scouts trailed behind them but didn't make it yet. The other scouts assaulted a small unit of immortals and destoyed them. They tried to consolidate into terrain but didn't make it.
In his fourth turn he veiled once more, right onto my objective, placing his flag on my objective. He shot up both scout squads, killing the unit on his side of the board. I lost combat with the wraiths but the lone powerfist wolf guard held his ground on a double one.


In my next turn, the scouts assaulted the wraiths but both my units got annihilated. He consolidated towards my objective. I now only had a few drop pods left.
In his fifth turn, he shot my drop pods, destroying all the remaining once except for one that got a weapon destroyed. We rolled to see if the game continued and it did not. He didn't table me so he didn't get full battle points so we ended the game with 23 vs 3 battle points.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten