zondag 8 april 2012

Tournament test battle vs Eldar

Last friday I played a second 1750 battle with the special missions for a tournament I will be attending later this month. I played against an eldar army consisting of eldrad and a unit of banshees in a waveserpent, a unit of firedragons in a waveserpent, two units of dire avengers in waveserpents, three warwalkers, three weapon platforms, a unit of pathfinders and a unit of dark reapers. Deployment was spearhead. In this mission each player had to try to hold more victory points than his opponent in five areas: each spearhead table quarter and the no-mans land in the middle. As usual we also earned battle points for the difference in kill points and victory points. In addition, each player had 3 fate points that he could use to re-roll a single d6 (not usable by HQ units and also cannon be used to seize or similar game rolls) but each time you did this, your opponent could choose one of your units that would then be worth an additional kill point.

I won the roll to go first and had my opponent choose sides and take first turn. He deployed all his vehicles near his board edge, the dark reapers on the second and third floor of a ruined building and his war walkers as much forward as he could towards the middle. His weapon plaforms took position in another ruin near the centre of the table. He infiltrated his pathfinders in a ruin in the other table quarter on my side of the board. I deployed nothing. He then scouted his walkers forward.

In my opponent's first turn, he moved all his vehicles forward, parking them all with their rear against the three walkers in the middle. With nothing of me on the board, there was no shooting or assault.
In my first turn, I dropped down Logan with the longfangs, the three shooty terminators with the runepriest and my assault terminators. I shot a lot of combi-melta's but only blew up the waveserpent with Eldrad and the banshees, killing a few banshees and two of my shooty terminators in the blast. The longfangs failed to hurt my opponent's vehicles. My runepriest who had left the squad cast murderous hurricane on the banshees, made his psychic check on 3d6 but failed to hit. So no hits, but they were still affected by the difficult/dangerous terrain part of the power.

In my opponent's second turn he disembarked his firedragons and shot at my terminators but I made all my saves. He moved both dire avenger squads away to the sides of the table. He opened fire on Logan's squad with the dark reapers and the war walkers, killing all the long fangs and the wolf guard. He also shot down the last shooty terminator. The banshees and eldrad assaulted the rune priest but eldrad didn't make it into melee reach. The banshees whiffed on their attacks and the runepriest only took one wound while killing a few back.
On my second turn, both my scout squads arrived. The first scout squad went for the dire avengers' waveserpent on my opponent's right side. They blew up the waveserpent but the dire avengers disembarked out of charge range into a ruin. The other scouts went for the building where the dark reapers had taken position. They shot their melta's at the other dire avengers' waveserpent and stunned it. The assault terminators went for the firedragons, won combat and the fire dragons ran away. They consolidated back towards the disembarked dire avengers hiding in the ruin. Logan went for the warwalkers and destroyed one. The banshees and eldrad killed my runepriest and consolidated towards my scouts that were threatening his dark reapers.

In my opponent's third turn, Eldrad left the banshees and went for the shooty terminator's drop pod, destroying it in melee combat. The banshees tried to make it to the scouts but were slowed by terrain and didn't make it. His firedragons kept running as they were near the long fang drop pod but they blew it up in the shooting phase. His dire avengers, the weapon platforms and the dark reapers shot at the assault terminators and I lost a few. Logan destroyed another war walker.
In my fourth turn the first grey hunter drop pod arrived. It dropped down between the walkers and the weapon platforms and shot at the remaining banshees, killing them. The assault terminators attacked the dire avengers and wiped them. They consolidated towards the center of the board. Logan destroyed the last war walker and consolidated into the crater of the long fang drop pod, just within 6 inches of the firedragons. The first scout squad moved towards the middle of the table, heading for the empty table quarter that was supposed to be my deployment zone. The other scout squad entered the ruin and assaulted the dark reapers.

In my opponent's fourth turn, Eldrad moved towards Logan. The fire dragons ran but were no yet off the table. They shot at Logan and he took one wound. The dire avenger's waveserpent moved towards the middle of the table. His weapon platforms took some shots at my grey hunters, taken some down. His snipers continued to shoot at my assault terminators. The combat between the scouts and the dark reapers continued. Every assault phase, he lost one but he never took one of mine down. Eldrad assaulted Logan and used a psychic power that took his last two wounds.
In my fourth turn, my last drop pod arrived with another grey hunter squad. I dropped it right between Eldrad and the firedragons. They shot at Eldrad, instantly killing him with a melta shot. My scouts continued their fight with the dark reapers. The other scouts entered the table quarter and moved into terrain. My remaining assault terminators made it into terrain near the center of the table. The other grey hunter squad shot and assaulted the weapon platforms, doing nothing in the shooting phase but wiping them in the assault phase. They consolidated towards the pathfinders.

In my opponent's fifth turn, his firedragons were forced to run off the board. He moved his last waveserpent into my deployment zone, disembarked the dire avengers who then shot up my scouts, killing all of them. His pathfinders and the waveserpent killed the last of my assault terminators. My other scouts destroyed the last dark reaper.
In my fifth turn, I moved both grey hunter squads towards his last waveserpent. The meltaguns in both squads were just in range. The first one failed, but the second one blew up the waveserpent. We rolled to see if the game continued but it didn't. Thanks to the assault terminator's drop pod and the lucky melta shot, I also held the middle so I had 3 areas to his 2. I had made 3 kill points more and had also more more victory points left than he had. For the tournament scoring system, this gave me a minor victory.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten