maandag 9 april 2012

Hobby progress update

I made some more progress on the trenches test display today.



I drybrushed the wooden floor section with khemri brown. It gives a slight highlight but the wooden pieces are too flat to pick up a lot of paint. I'll try to roughen up the next batch with a iron brush or something similar.



The wall sections got a drybrush of a mix of boltgun metal and tin bitz. I then applied a liberal wash of deval mud for a weathering effect.

I also started to work on another wall section. I finished the "gun emplacement" section where the models will be able to stand and have line of sight out of the trenches.





I'm going to let this dry overnight before I continue with the rest. I propably don't have enough of the H-shaped plasticcard so I'll have to go shopping for those before I will be able to finish them.

It looks like the floor sections will peal off the paper without problem so I can now start on doing the same for the other floor sections.

With all the techniques sorted out, I don't expect it will be much work to finish the test display piece.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten