zaterdag 7 april 2012

Tournament test battle vs Space Marines

Last friday I played another 1750 battle with the special missions for a tournament I will be attending later this month. I played against a space marine army consisting of Vulkan, a unit of thunder hammer and stormshield terminators in a landraider redeemer, three units of tactical marines in rhinos, a lascannon predator and three multi-melta and heavy flamer landspeeders. Deployment was spearhead. In this mission each player had to try to hold more victory points than his opponent in five areas: each spearhead table quarter and the no-mans land in the middle. As usual we also earned battle points for the difference in kill points and victory points. In addition, each player had 3 fate points that he could use to re-roll a single d6 (not usable by HQ units and also cannon be used to seize or similar game rolls) but each time you did this, your opponent could choose one of your units that would then be worth an additional kill point.

I lost the roll to go first and my opponent let me choose sides and take first turn. I deployed the long fangs on my table quarter in a ruined tower with line of sight to almost anything on the board. I once more changed up my wolf guard units a bit to do this. I put the power weapon and combi-melta terminator from my large squad of terminators with the longfangs. This gave me room to put Logan with that unit in their drop pod. I kept the terminator with cyclone missile launcher in the other squad and added the rune priest to that squad, giving me another full drop pod.
My opponent then did decide to deploy and filled his table quarter, starting from the back with all his vehicles, keeping just enough space between them that I had no place to put a drop pod between his lines.

On my first turn, I first dropped down my shooty terminators with the rune priest. They landed in front of his lines near the middle of my opponent's table edge. I then dropped down a unit of grey hunters in front of his lines on the other side of his deployment zone. Finally Logan and the close combat terminators dropped in between these two but the drop pod scattered towards the middle of the table. My shooty terminators blew up his predator. The grey hunters shot at a rhino but failed to do anything significant. The runepriest who had left the unit shot at another rhino but also did nothing seriously. The long fangs with missile launchers took some shots but the multi-melta's were out of range. They did take out one of the landspeeders.
In my opponent's first turn, he moved his remaining landspeeders near my unit of grey hunters and shot them to pieces. I only had three grey hunters left. With his other shooting, he killed two of the shooting terminators and my runepriest. As all his units were still in their vehicles, there was no assault.

On my second turn, another unit of grey hunters arrived, a unit of scouts arrived and I got to choose where to place them and the empty long fang drop pod arrived which I dropped far from everything else into the empty table quarter on my side of the table. The grey hunters arrived next to the shooty terminator drop pod and shot at a nearby rhino but only immmobilized it. The wolf scouts arrived from my opponent's board edge next to his landraider but the double melta did no damage. The remaining grey hunters from the first squad blew up the rhino in front of them and the tactical squad inside failed their pinning check. Logan and the assault termintors moved to multi-assault both landspeeders but only destroyed one. The long fang missile launchers didn't do anything usefull this turn. The remaining shooty terminators assaulted the nearby rhino and wrecked it. The tactical squad got out on the other side of the rhino. The wolf scouts assaulted the landraider but failed to hurt it again.
In my opponent's second turn, he moved his landraider back and shot my scouts from which only the wolf guard survived. He moved his landspeeder away from Logan and the assault terminators and shot at them, killing one. He moved his remaining rhino behind the squad that was pinned and shot at the terminators, killing another one. The tactical squad that wasn't pinned moved up towards my grey hunters, shot their pistols at them and then assaulted them. This combat would last for 4 player rounds and in the final round, both lone remaining sergeants killed each other at the same time with their powerfists. Out of those four turns, the mark of the wulfen rolled 3 sixes and a four for his attacks!

In my third turn, my second scout squad arrived, this time from the side but still in melta range of his landraider. Their shot immobilized the landraider. The two remaining shooty terminators shot at the landspeeder but failed to hurt it. The remaining grey hunters from the first squad and Logan and the remaining assault terminators moved towards the pinned tactical squad. I didn't shoot at them for fear of causing enough casualties that would take away the chance to reach them through terrain. In the assault, I wiped the squad out with all the power weapon and power fist attacks, losing only another grey hunter. Both scout squads assaulted the landraider but only blew off a weapon. I did position myself so that both the front hatch and one of the side doors was blocked and with his other side door so near the table edge, his terminators might not be able to get out.
In my opponent's third turn, he disembarked his last tactical squad, shot their pistols at my scouts and assaulted them. He was indeed unable to disembark his terminators (he could place four but not five) and he didn't want to do an emergency disembarkation so he only disembarked vulkan who went after the remaining wolf scout battle leader that was blocking the front of the landraider, killing him easily. His remaining landspeeder tried to take out a drop pod but failed.

In my fourth turn, I moved my assault terminators towards the nearby rhino. The lone combi-melta shot at it but failed to hurt it so the terminators had to assault it. Logan left that unit and went for the landraider, just making the assault. The remaining grey hunters went to the aid of the scouts and assaulted the tactical marines. My shooty terminators moved through explotion craters, shot at Vulkan but failed to hurt him but then they just made their assault move through terrain. Vulkan killed one of the two terminators but a chainfist attack instantly killed Vulkan in return. The chainfist terminator consolidated back in front of the front hatch of the landraider, keeping his terminators trapped inside. Logan took off another weapon from the landraider. My long fangs blew up his last land speeder.
In my opponent's fourth turn, his tactical squad got wiped, killing all the scouts and grey hunters except for one wolf guard battleleader. I don't remember how the landraider got destroyed at this point. I thought the chainfist did it but he couldn't have. Maybe Logan did it.

In my fifth turn, the lone wolf guard went for the rhino while the assault terminators once more joined Logan. The wolf guard destroyed the rhino. Logan and the assault terminators assaulted the thunderhammer stormshield terminators, assisted by the chainfist shooty terminator, through terrain. So everyone got to strike simulteanously at initiative 1. Logan used his special rule to give everyone another attack this turn. I lost two terminators but he lost three. He started to use his fate points for rerolls on his attacks.
In my opponent's fifth turn, I struck before him with Logan and the remaining power weapon terminator, killing his last two models and wiping him. At that moment, his terminator squad was worth 4 kill points!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten