zondag 11 maart 2012

Hobby progress update

I made some further progress on my display board this weekend.

First of all I glued some foam on the underside of the wood backing of the frame. Now I can easily put my fingers underneath the edges of the board to move it and the weight no longer rests on the fragile plastic frame.



I also used my hot wire foam cutter to work out the rock facings. I then traced out the same area in foamboard. I will be using the foamboard to make the slots for the bases. It was a bit of work to make the edges line up as good as possible. I'll propably have to touch it up after undercoating it as such things usualy show up better with a layer of paint on it.



I then did a quick test for the slots of the bases with a spare piece of foamboard. I traced round the bases and then cut them out of the foam.



I then pushed in these metal plates I bought at the local hardware store. They were the least expensive option that I came up with.



And here's a picture of what it will look like with the models in place.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten