zondag 11 maart 2012

Tournament test battle vs Chaos Space Marines

I played a second 1750 battle against the same chaos space marine player, trying out my list with another special missions for the tournament I will be attending next month. In this mission each player needs to try to kill his opponents most valuable HQ while trying to have his own most valuable HQ in his opponents deployment zone. Deployment is pitched battle. In addition each game round we each had to roll on a table for a benefit our most valuable HQ would get for that game round (1: +1S, 2: +1BS, 3: +1WS and +1I, 4: +1T, 5: +1A, 6: 3+ invulnerable save). These effects had no real impact on our game.

My opponent played the same army consisting of a lash daemon prince, a dreadnought, a defiler, a small unit of jump infantry, a unit of terminators in a landraider, a large unit of khorne berserkers in a rhino, a large unit of noise marines in a rhino and a small unit of noise marines on foot. He won the roll to go first and let me deploy first and take first turn. I deployed nothing. He deployed all his forces on a line.

In my first turn, Logan and the longfangs arrived first and dropped off target, into terrain between his defiler and his dreadnought. The small unit of terminators with the rune priest also scatterd, arriving in terrain near the center of the board. They got out and I wasn't sure if I would still be in melta range of my opponents forces. The third drop pot with my large unit of terminators dropped down in front of his rhinos in between my two other drop pods. I then shot a lot of missiles, multi-meltas and combi-meltas and destroyed the dreadnought, immobilized the defiler but failed to hurt the rest of his vehicles. My rune priest cast murderous huricane on his daemon prince, taking on wound.
In my opponent's first turn he disembarked his khorne berserkers and moved them towards my large unit of terminators. His terminators disembarked from the landraider and moved towards my small unit of terminators. He then shot the berserkers and both units of noise marines at my large unit of terminators and killed only one. His defiler shot his battlecannon at Logan and the long fangs, got a direct hit and blew up the landraider but only killed one or two longfangs. He then assaulted my small unit of terminators with his terminators and assaulted my large unit of terminators with his deamon prince and the berserkers. This combat would last for most of the game as my terminators hell their ground heroicly. My small unit of terminators lost one of their own and my opponent made all his saves. I failed the leadership check and the terminators headed for my table edge. My opponent consolidated towards their drop pod, keeping his terminators within 6 inches of my fleeing unit so they would need to continue to flee.

In my second turn, I moved the runepriest towards the daemon prince, hoping his runic weapon would be able to hurt it. Only one drop pod arrive this turn. I dropped it between the landraider and the terminators and opted to shoot the terminators, hoping he would take the bait and come after my unit of grey hunters in stead of the drop pod (which would have my fleeing squad run some more next turn). They did kill at least one terminator. Logan and the long fangs moved so that Logan was out of terrain and towards my opponents rhinos but my long fangs shot at his defiler and at the noise marine's rhino. The multi-meltas took out the defiler and I immobilized the rhino. I failed to hurt the daemon prince in combat and was down to only two terminators, but he lost a few berserkers as well. The rune priest assaulted the daemon prince but only wounded once and he made his invulnerable save.
In my opponent's second turn, he disembarked his large unit of noise marines who, together with the small squad of noise marines, shot at Logan and the long fangs, killing a few long fangs. His landraider moved back and shot at my grey hunters without much result. His terminators assaulted a drop pod and blew it up. His daemon prince killed my runepriest and the berserkers killed another terminator (I had to save about 12 wounds on two terminators, including two power weapon attacks) but I killed a few berserkers, slowly whitling his squad down.

In my third turn, all my remaining units arrived from reserves. Both units of scouts came up from my opponents table edge. One trying to melta the land raider while the other was ready to shoot and charge his large unit of noise marines. Logan left the unit of long fangs and also moved in charge range of the noise marines. The last drop pod with grey hunters arrived next to the other grey hunters' drop pod, right next to his terminators. The grey hunters that were already on the board moved up towards the daemon prince and the berserkers. In the shooting phase, Logan and the second squad of scouts shot at the plague marines but did little or no damage. The long fangs split fire between the two rhinos and blew one up. The newly arrived grey hunters and the still fleeing terminators shot at my opponent's terminators and killed one. He failed his leadership check and started running away. With only two of the five models remaining, he could no longer regroup. Unfortunately they ran right between my grey hunters and the daemon prince. I still got off that assault but was forced to assault the berserkers in stead. It also left my unit in an line so that not all of the models could strike. Logan and the scouts assaulted the large unit of noise marines. The noise marines got to strike first and killed several of the scouts but Logan then struck back, killing five, leaving him only with the champion and one noise marine.
In my opponent's turn, he moved the landraider and shot with them and the small unit of noise marines at my nearby scouts, who failed their leaderhship test and ran towards his fleeing terminators. The combat with the daemon prince went on. I think I lost the last terminator by then. Logan and the remaining scouts destroyed the noise marines. The scouts consolidated towards the combat with the daemon prince while Logan went for the small unit of noise marines nearby hiding in terrain. Logan had at least one wound on him by this point. I think his daemon prince was also down at least one more wound due to failed fearless wounds.

In my fourth turn, my scouts ran into his fleeing terminators and were trapped. My fleeing terminators regrouped and started moving back towards my opponents forces, shooting at the fleeing termiantors. The long fangs blew up the other rhino. Logan moved into terrain and assaulted the noise marines, wiping them out. My scouts and the second grey hunter squad assaulted the daemon prince and the remaining berserkers and with several powerfists in there, he was taking lots of casualties.
In my opponents fourth turn, his jump pack troops arrived. They shot at Logan, as did the landraider, bringing Logan down to one wound. Either in this combat round or the next round, the daemon prince and the berserkers got destroyed.

In my fifth turn, Logan went for the landraider and destroyed it. The long fangs unloaded on his jump pack unit, killing enough for a check which he promptly failed and as they were very close to his board edge, they ran right off the board.
In his fifth turn, he only had his fleeing terminator left who was nearing the board edge. He rolled to see if he could take Logan out with a lucky shot but failed to do it, so we called it a game.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten